Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Vote For Me

Hi, I'm Vie LeJidiotte. I come to you today with a message of hope and prosperity. There are many who have criticized the Democratic Party as being a party without a core, of being naysayers, and obstructionist. I plan to run a different kind of campaign.

Roll back tax cuts for the rich:
Why should the corporate elitists you work for make all the money, while you do all the hard work? I propose tax relief for the working class, and rolling back tax cuts for the wealthiest 1%. They can afford it, the working class can't. Hopefully, your company won't lay you off to reconcile their bottom line with the new punitive tax rate.

Raise the minimum wage:
We need a legitimate living wage. I propose $20/hr. This is a wage real American families can live on. I won't bow to the corporate capitalists that don't want to raise the minimum wage. Hopefully, your company won't lay you off to reconcile their bottom line with the new minimum wage, but if they do...

Expand and extend the unemployment benefits program:

Take as much time off as you need. It's hard to find a job, especially in this economy.

Improve public education:
It's important in this competitive world, for our children to get a good education. Reputable private schools are expensive, so I propose dumping a lot more money into the public education system to make it expensive too.

As you can see, I'm a different kind of Democrat with a different kind of message.

Vote for me, Vie LeJidiotte

Linked on: Mudville Gazette, Cafe Oregano, Jo's Cafe, California Conservative, Stop the ACLU



, , ,