Friday, February 10, 2006

Yikes! What have I done?

At the new Radioactive Liberty.com


I just opened up a whole new world of "WTF." It turns out I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to change the theme, so, I downloaded one that I thought looked close enough to what I want that I can modify the style sheet to my liking.


Oops! I have no idea how to upload the template. The read me file says to upload it to my "themes" folder on my cpanel, but I don't see a folder there for themes. Am I supposed to make one?


Wordpress recommends Filezilla. Now that site just confuses me. I don't even know how to download the program. If I figure out how to do that, then what? Do I really need it? What does it do? These things don't seem to be made too obvious on the Filezilla site.


It looks like Wordpress has some good "how to" documentation, but there's so much. Looks like I have my reading cut out for me. Like I said, what have I gone and done?


I don't even know how to install my sitemeter. I guess that's all part of modifying the CSS. So, we're back to "how do I install the darn template anyway?


What HAVE I done?