Wednesday, January 11, 2006

That Would Be Refreshing

Reports of the Alito confirmation hearings are pounding me into a coma-tacular stupor. There's nothing going on that is actually "News" to anyone that pays any attention. I thought of a few things I would like to see reported.

Senator Joe Biden: "I'm an arrogant, pompous ass? Would you rule to uphold that statement if you were confirmed."

Senator Arlen Specter: "I'm a liberal crackpot that claims to be a Republican. Just look at my loony 'Magic bullet' Theory."

Judge Alito: "These hearings aren't about you, Senators, they are about whether or not I am qualified to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States. Sit down, shut the cake hole, and I'll tell you why I think I'm qualified."

Ted Kennedy: "I'll make you a deal. We get a bottle and trade shots. If I pass out before you do, then and only then will I support your nomination."

None of those things will happen, but I wish they would.

**

Linked on TMH's Bacon Bits, Stop the ACLU, Wizbang, Point Five